This week we have done some research by reading a few research papers, including state of the art algorithms for simulating group formations and dense groups using fluid dynamics. This has given us some insight to what we might achieve in our final product.
Papers that we have read:
Generating Freestyle Group Formations in Agent-Based Crowd Simulations
Here is a demo of the implementation above: Youtube video
Spectral-Based Group Formation Control
For the moment we need to do more research to be able to reach the level of the implementation above. We will first try to simulate one or a few agents walking a certain path in a static environment. Then we will try to implement the following Steering Algorithm. This our first step towards a group formation simulation.
For this we have set a deadline at next Wednesday (3/2-2016).
onsdag 20 januari 2016
This is a rough time plan which we will follow durring the first weeks of our project.
- Do background research on the topic.
- Study source code from students who has done similar project.
- Decide on which type of project we want to do.
- Start brainstorming on the first prototype.
- Complete first prototype.
- Get feedback on first prototype and apply that to our next prototype.